JUMP INTO YOUR FUTURE
New Walk Internship
Next Steps In Your Future.
Have you felt a calling on your life to pursue a future driven by an even greater purpose? Are you willing to devote 10-15 hours a week working within a ministry to develop skills, experience, and knowledge for your future? New Walk offers a 12-month Internship Program to encourage and equip Young Adults to build a foundation of faith, leadership skills, and life skills for future ministry and job opportunities. Please note, this is an unpaid internship opportunity.
NWC Internship Includes:
- Weekly leadership/discipleship lessons
- Teachings by ministry directors and lead pastor
- Leading From Your Strengths assessment and discussion
- Book reading and discussion
- Trainings for personal development
- Opportunities to lead while receiving coaching and feedback
- Serve the local church in the ministry area of your gifting
- 1:1 Spiritual mentoring and accountability
- Attend weekly worship services
- Meet weekly with ministry director
- Learn how to implement the vision of New Walk Church: Unleashing New Purpose in Every Life Through Jesus Christ
- Gain exposure to best practices and methods in a large church setting
- Learn and practice skills related to specific ministry
- Participate in planning and executing tasks, teams, or events
- Attend staff meetings, departmental gatherings, and leadership teachings
- Build a marketable skill set with experience and develop a resume
- Build relationships with interns and staff that will encourage, inspire, and empower your next steps
At the end of our time together, we hope that every intern is equipped to lead and work in a local church or professional career. Time commitments are typically 12 months, 10-15 hours per week. Participation in New Walk’s Internship Program does not guarantee a job at New Walk Church or any other place of employment.
Housing and income are not included in this internship program.
Starting Fall 2022
FIRST IMPRESSIONS INTERN
First Impressions intern will learn the value of a first impression. They will work with a variety of people and teams to create an environment that makes people feel welcome. They will generate creative ideas that go with themes to make the hallways and environment engaging and dynamic. They will also utilize the environment to create spaces for spiritual growth through interactive elements in the hallway and throughout the building. They will work with scheduling and organizing teams to greet, seat, direct and treat people attending New Walk Church.
- Organizing teams
- Recruiting volunteers
- Training volunteers
- Administrative work
- Project Coordination
- Ministry Assimilation
- Creative Design Work
- Budget management
- Ministry planning
- Understanding the value of a First Impression
- Creating a welcoming environment
- Working with a team
- Recruiting and training volunteers
- Giving people tools to take next steps
This position’s primary exposure is in content creation for New Walk Church’s social media and ministries. This position is for someone who wants to learn how we can use social media to reach our community and beyond with the mission of New Walk and the Gospel. This intern will work under the Director of Communications and support the planning, design, creation, and engagement of content with the goal of enhancing New Walk’s ability to reach, attract, connect, and elevate people in our community for the Kingdom.
- Creating content for social media such as: graphics, photos, and video via content creation applications
- Assisting with all aspects of social media marketing from planning to evaluation
- Attending planning meetings to collaborate on the development of church-wide communications
- Identifying trends in social media from which to create content
- Capturing storytelling content such as images and video
- Scheduling content for social media campaigns
- Experience with creating content and the applications used in the creation process
- Involved graphic design, video editing, & photo editing experience (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom)
- Use of DSLR/Mirrorless Cameras, audio equipment, and other content creation equipment
- Social Media Processes, Tools, and Platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, etc.)
Production works alongside all ministry departments by using technology to champion the vision of New Walk Church and ultimately further the Kingdom. Work with a team of creatives from hearing a vision for an event or service, planning, creating elements and executing the production elements of the service or event.
- Lighting Systems
- Processes and procedures working with a creative team
- Service planning and execution
- Audio, video, lighting systems
- Working wit a team of creatives
- Developing processes and procedures to create services and events
- Generating an idea, developing, planning, and executing to completion
K!DS MINISTRY INTERN
Our goal for our K!DS internship is to provide a transformational learning experience that you’ll look back on with fond memories where you learned the basics of ministry, understood a K!DS ministry philosophy and learned how to work effectively with a team.
- Leading Kids’ Small Groups
- Prepping Curriculum
- Observing Child Dedications and Baptism Classes
- How to recruit, equip and encourage volunteers
- Create and run fun events for kids
- Working with a team
- Leading a variety of ages on a team
- Designing purposeful events
- Developing trainings
PASTORAL CARE INTERN
This position’s primary exposure is to work closely with the Pastoral Care Director, New Walk staff and other residents to help lead and engage in different care needs within our church and community. Learn how to care for others spiritually, how to minister to a grieving family and assimilating prayer requests and needs. You would gain insights and experiences in care ministries including hospital visits, outreach, Baptism, weddings and funerals.
- Participating in praying for individuals through Connect Cards and in person.
- Recruiting, equipping, and providing ongoing support for our volunteer leaders.
- Provide spiritual care to members of our church and community.
- Caring with respect and dignity, always modeling the love of Christ.
- Work closely with other care team members.
- Help with Prayer cards assimilation Sundays 8:30a – 2p.
- Assisting with YTH Pastoral Care as needed
- Attend hospital visits with Pastoral Care Team Director
- Observe Wedding Planning Meetings with families
- Observe Funeral Planning Meetings with families
- Caring for others spiritually
- Meeting with people and creating services that meet needs of families going through difficult times
- Confidence in praying for others
EVENT COORDINATOR INTERN
This position’s primary exposure is to work closely with the Project Management Director, New Walk staff and other residents to learn how to plan, organize and execute events and projects at New Walk Church. You would gain insights and experiences on developing a project plan, working with a budget, and overseeing events.
- Developing comprehensive project plans for all key initiatives and activities.
- Ensuring that each team has the resources it needs to have an excellent event including making sure that the Ministry Director/Event Owner has provided the volunteers needed to run the event.
- Making sure that all deliverables are on schedule for key initiatives and activities.
- Assisting with teams on the day of events to handle any project issues that may arise.
- Tracking of project performance and analyzing key initiatives and activities to make future projects more productive and cost efficient.
- Assisting with administrative tasks, as needed.
- Work with Creative Team for graphics
- Organizational Skills
- Collaboration with Teams to accomplish goals
- Time Management with Deadlines
- Ability to call and effectively communicate with volunteers and businesses
- Working with local businesses
- Learn processes and procedures for efficient event management
- Budget management
YTH intern will be exposed to all areas of a student ministry which includes grades 6-12. Learn how many departments work together to create services that connect with students. Create evangelistic events to attract students that do not know about Jesus Christ. Develop discipleship opportunities for students to grow in their walk with Christ. Invest in YTH leaders to equip and encourage them to serve students with their time and talents.
- Running small groups
- Writing small group material
- Leading leaders
- Managing a budget
- Organizing and planning events
- Learning to write and deliver a message
- Developing relationships with students
- Developing relationships with volunteer leaders
- Developing curriculum to help someone grow/learn
- Leading a variety of personalities in a group setting
- Speech development and delivery
MUSICAL DIRECTOR INTERN
This position’s primary exposure is I worship arts for New Walk church weekend services, YTH student ministry and other campus events. We see this position as someone who can not only help run band rehearsals, but communicate and help grow a team of musicians in skill, flow and bring unity to worship services. This intern will work alongside the creative team to execute, plan and enhance the worship experience or help further communicate our church vision.
- Coordinate and co-lead worship experiences under the direction of the Worship Director on weekends and midweek
- Oversee YTH band rehearsals
- Assist in the planning and implementation of worship services
- Arrange songs, writing charts, some programming and musical direction in live worship settings
- Serve as a member of the creative team to plan, develop and execute weekly production
- Assist worship director in developing volunteers
- Leading band rehearsals
- Arranging songs, writing charts and programing for worship services
- Working with creative team to plan and execute a service
- Recruiting and training musicians
*Skills needed for this position:
- Strong musical skills
- Keyboard or guitar proficiency required
- Proficiency in Music Production software required (Ableton LIVE, ProTools, Logic Pro, etc) or willingness to learn
Spend a year going through each area of ministry at New Walk Church. Gain valuable life skills and experience that can help with any future job.
- Why First Impressions matter
- The heart behind Pastoral Care
- How to us communications for evangelism
- Opportunities to lead a small group
- Trainings on how to lead others
- How to manage time to achieve a goal
- How to plan and execute an event
- Working with a team
- Leading with your strengths
- Organizational and time management skills
- How to create systems to get work done efficiently
expectations, requirements, and Process
- Consider him/herself a co-worker and ministry owner at NWC, not someone who has special privileges
- Live with the highest standards of integrity and conduct and have a great attitude.
- Honor God and represent biblical values on public platforms and social media.
- Meet weekly with his/her ministry director to coordinate calendars and activities, address questions, give and receive evaluations of progress on tasks and projects.
- Gain leadership insights by overseeing and owning at least one ministry outlet.
- Participate in the life of the church as a whole, gaining valuable insight into the dynamics of church work.
- Work a minimum of 10-15 hours per week at the church.
- Support New Walk through tithing.
- Read all assigned books and participate in assigned activities.
- Promote New Walk Church and events on social media platforms.
- Attend all required training events, church events, and ministry programs.
- Participate in a New Walk Group each semester.
- High School graduate – age 25
- Attend weekly intern leadership & discipleship trainings 10AM-Noon every Wednesday
- Attend and worship at one New Walk weekend experience time each weekend
- Commit to 10-15 hours of training and serving per week. This includes:
- 2 hours of leadership & discipleship training
- Serving ministry and New Walk
- Completing ministry tasks provided by ministry leader
- Attending a New Walk Group
- Involved with New Walk Young Adults Events
Application Process Steps:
- Apply for Internship at newwalk.church
- Interview with Ministry Director and Internship Coordinator
- Notification, Acceptance, and Placement
- Review and Accept Internship Job Description
- Internship Trainings begin Wed, September 7 (10AM-Noon)
Placed Interns will need to:
- Complete Ministry Safe Training
- Complete Background Check
- Receive and Set Up New Walk Email
- Take Photo for New Walk Website
- Attend Bootcamp
- Attend NewSteps