Parenting Toolbox Resources:
New Walk Ministries
A Vibrant Kids Ministry
Every weekend, kids from infants to 5th graders participate in this fun and enriching experience to help them connect and grow in their faith.
Find out what New Walk K!DS is up to: @newwalkkids
Life-Changing Youth Ministry
Every Wednesday at 6p is New Walk YTH where 6th-12th graders can experience this exciting opportunity to connect with other teens, leaders, and their faith.
See why YTH is the place to be on Wed Nights: @newwalkyth
Get Connect with YA
Each month, our Young Adults (H.S. Grads – 25 y.o.) host an event to hangout and do life together with other young adults and grow in their faith.
Get connected with YA on social: @newwalkya
Books, articles, & devotionals to consider for your parenting toolbox:
- 936 Pennies: Discovering the Joy of Intentional Parenting (Great book for parents of young children)
- Love & Logic
- Parenting Teens with Love & Logic
- The Adventure Challenge Family Edition
- 101 Conversation Starters for Families – Gary Chapman
- The 5 Love Languages of Children – Gary Chapman
- IMOM.com (Articles and Blogs on Parenting, other resources)
- AllProDad.com (Daily Emails for Dads)
- The Best Yes - Finding Time for your family
- Have a New Teenager by Friday
- Present Over Perfect
- Jesus Calling for Kids is a great daily devotional we did as a family at night
- The Wonder of Creation: 100 Devotions about Science and God – Devotional
- How Great Is Our God: 100 devotions about science and God – Devotional
- Indescribable: 100 devotions for kids about God and Science– Devotional
- Jesus Always: 365 devotions for kids – Devotional
- I Can Learn the Bible: The Joshua Code for Kids: 52 Devotions and scriptures for Kids
- Love Language test and book.
- “Have a New Kid by Friday” or “Have a New Teen by Friday”.
- 7 Arrows Bible Study is an AMAZING Bible study that can be done with the family. Teaches how to actually read the Bible for all its worth.
- Every Young Mans Battle is a great resource for parents of young men struggling with lust.
- Seen by Will Hutcherson and Chinwe Williams – A book about healing despair and anxiety in kids and teens through the power of connection.
It’s Just a Phase
Resources for nurturing the faith and future of the next generation.
PHASE BOOK BUNDLES
Events at New Walk
- Child Dedication – October 22
- K!DS Baptism Class – October 1 & 2
- Trunk or Treat – October 29 & 30
- Beach Baptisms – Oct 2
More information on these events will be shared in upcoming services, online, social media, and in the K!DS ministry as we near the events.
Get Them Talking
Make time to make memories and traditions together:
- Cook together a meal or treat each Sunday
- Epic Nerf Battles (kids get the better Nerf guns)
- Take off work and school or do an early pickup day on birthdays
- Donut Days every Friday morning
- Waterpark Day at the end of Summer
- Ping Pong Tournaments
- A “Yes” Day – Everyone pick one thing (within reason and the parents have to say “yes”)
- Birthday Dinners with the Family
- Family Movie Night
- Take the family camping to just experience it together no matter what happens.
- Re/engage (marriage group)
- Love & Respect (marriage group)
- HUB (men’s group)
- Intentional Parenting (parenting group)
Right Now Media
- The Mr. Phil Show (Right Now Media)
- Ephesians: What is God’s Plan (Right Now Media) (Family Devotions)
- Parenting – Paul Tripp (Right Now Media)
- Intentional Parenting – Doug Fields (Right Now Media)